Friday, April 1, 2011

:: Catch Up ::

For those of you who have been wondering, we are alive! I, obviously, have been slacking on updating the blog, among other things. Without boring you with the mundane details of the happenings around here as of late like having family in town for 5 weeks (which didn't seem like long enough this year), a busy work time for both of us, tsunami warnings, torrential rains, a 26 hour power outage, and a birthday, I will just say that I am feeling more on top of things and ready to resurface.

This morning, the kiddos and I walked down to the beach with shovels and buckets in hand. After a long, wet winter, one cannot complain about a week full of beautiful, warm summer-like sunshine!
Time is flying by and I want to slow down and enjoy it...

Nothing like a taste of summer to brighten one's spirits!
What are you looking forward to?

4 comments:

Stef said...

oh wow! beautiful pictures!! I can't get over how big both your kids are getting. Looks like lovely weather! We had 2 weeks of gorgeous weather and then BOOM - we were hit with awful, grey, drizzly, foggy stormy weather. I kid you not.

I'm aching for days at our beach, walks to the park, sandals, lunch on the lawn, walks to the Farmer's Market, roasting marshmallows on the deck, and more!!

Sally said...

If I had a gorgeous, warm summery beach... I wouldn't be blogging either! :) We're going to have to make a drive down to your parts one of these days. Apparently, Santa Cruz is the new BMX hot destination ... so it's only a matter of time.

Michelle said...

I am looking forward to spring time with my little ones, nothing excited me more than spending time with them! Today was a perfect spring day, a cool 75 degrees and we made a trip to the park! Who would have thought that a nice day in the park could bring so much joy to them! Hope you and your littles are having a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

We've been busy enjoying your Californian sunshine this week! Jon's parents brought us to Palm Springs for a week long holiday. We're here til Wednesday and I definitely don't want to go. The 106 degree weather was maybe a BIT much, but overall, I certainly envy the sunny warmth this state offers!

Love your beach pictures. You have such cute kids!