Thursday, October 28, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Cozy Cookin' Made Easy

It is so easy for our family to get stuck in a 'food rut'. We make the same things over and over and over again. I have been doing my best to try and make things we have never had before. I found a recipe the other week that I decided to try out. I changed a few things from the original recipe simply based on our preferences and it came out juicy, flavorful and delicious!

Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin

* 2 tablespoons steak seasoning rub (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
* 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
* 2-3 pounds boneless pork loin roast

Directions

Dissolve steak seasoning in balsamic vinegar, then stir in olive oil. Place pork into a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade overtop. Squeeze out the air and seal bag; marinate 2 hours to overnight turning
occasionally.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place pork into a glass baking dish along with marinade. I placed mine on top of onion chunks, apples, and red potatoes. Bake in preheated oven, basting occasionally until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees about 1 - 1.5 hours. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy! If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin

No comments: