Thursday, August 27, 2009

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

It's time for Thursday's Recipe Rodeo! This is the place to get some new recipes or a maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe that is posted on here and use it as you please.

Today's Round Up: Appetizers

After unsuccessfully trying to find the perfect bruschetta recipe that we both *loved*, I finally came up with my own that hits the spot every time!
Nini's Tomato Basil Bruschetta

* 5-7 tomatoes (I use tomatoes on the vine)
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped/crushed
* 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
* 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
* 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
* 2 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
* 3 Tbsp. olive oil
* Ciabatta bread or rustic baguette

Directions

In medium bowl whisk garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper together. Drizzle in one tablespoon of olive oil at a time while whisking (this ensures that oil and vinegar emulsify.)

Dice tomatoes. *I usually cut off the top of the tomato and 'empty' the tomato of seeds and juices by cleaning out the tomato with my thumb. This ensures that the bruschetta is not too watery. Once tomato is 'emptied' of seeds and juices I slice and dice.

Add tomatoes to bowl and mix thoroughly. Let bruschetta sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to absorb all flavors. Enjoy bruschetta on fresh or toasted ciabatta bread or any type of baguette.
If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo, and if you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us, leave it in the comments!

I would love to hear some of YOUR recipes!Click here for a printable version of Nini's Tomato Basil Bruschetta

8 comments:

Melissa Cummings said...

ooooh I will be making this tonight!! yummm. :)

Krista said...

I will have to try this, because even though I am still not very keen on tomatoes, Nick LOVES bruschetta.

Mrs. IbStarC said...

Is that glass of wine for breakfast or lunch? :)

Stephanie said...

Mmmm. I bet those are delicious. And they're so impressive looking too!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Sally said...

I love it. I've joined the fray Nini... Salouise Cooks will be a Thursday series on It's Trivial thanks to your invitation and inspiration! It's gonna be awesome! You never know, maybe you started a recipe movement!

Jan said...

Bruschetta... ummm, great memories of when we visited you guys! The very best. Thanks for listing the recipe! Did you do the photography? Quite slick my girl.

Bethany said...

I agree this is a GREAT bruschetta. I've already made it a few times this summer. My advice... make extra and put it over chicken and pasta for a meal. YUMMY!.

Stephanie Tang said...

I'll have to try that. Josh would LOVE it!