Wednesday, July 23, 2008

:: Pampers vs. Huggies ::

I am a self proclaimed 'diaper snob'. I am not too picky about too many things, however I have been a fan of Pampers since we had Analise in the hospital. They are soft, VERY absorbent, fit Analise very well...the list goes on. For this reason, I have mostly purchased Pampers in the past 17 months, with the exception of the Huggies Over-Nites diapers (which work fantastically for the 12-13 hours Analise sleeps in them).
I thought I would be wise with our money this past week, so I finally bit the bullet and bought a HUGE box of Huggies at Costco. "Why not?" I thought, the over night diapers work well. I got about 30 more diapers for just about the same price I pay for the Pampers Cruisers. I must say - I went into this with an open mind, proud of myself for doing what I can to save money, however after a pretty fair trial, I CANNOT STAND HUGGIES DIAPERS (from Costco)! Aside from the night time diapers, which work fabulously, they have proven to be a lesser diaper in our household. I have spent more money doing laundry due to the soaked through diapers in the past week than I saved on buying the Huggies in the first place!

Very disappointing to say the least. Needless to say, I couldn't handle it anymore so I went to Toys 'R Us and bought a big ol' box of Pampers Cruisers for my girl. For those of you that like Huggies...more power to you...unfortunately, they have been the least absorbent and worst quality diaper we have used to date. I prefer my baby dry and smelling nice!

10 comments:

CAjohnsonfamily said...

I have been buying the Costco brand diapers for Isaac, but for some reason a few weeks ago I bought a small pack of Pampers, and I have been converted to a Pampers lover. The new baby will definitely be using Pampers.

Stef said...

I'm with you on this one. The only reason we HAVE to use Huggies (and probably the only reason I try to be nice to them) is because they don't add any scent to their diapers. Both our kids are very allergic to the scent that's in Pampers and we had to find out the hard way - hives in the hospital, the day they're born. Poor things. I thought about trying them on this baby, but I don't want to risk it. It just seems so mean.
Pampers truly works the best (also their swim diapers FAR outdo the Huggies ones!) but we are forced to use the Huggies. I can't use the Costco brand because they also add some sort of material that can be very harsh on kid's bottoms and it definitely effects my kids.

Mrs. Schwager said...

you're right, pampers are the best. my babycakes leaks through her huggies at least once a day. but since we don't have to pay utilites to wash all those clothes, i keep getting tempting by huggies' lower price! one of these days i will give them up for good.

Krista said...

That is so funny! I can't stand Pampers. They don't fit Elijah at all. Something about the big Lutz thighs I think... haha! I tried them, and I had to do more laundry because of all the leaking. I haven't had a problem with Huggies being leaky... maybe Elijah just doesn't pee as much?

Sally said...

All food for thought. I'm going to store this away for a day when I may need it. :) Thanks for the tip Nini.

Robin said...

I am on the other side...I LOVE huggies...natural fit. But I cannot stand the ones from Costco. They are thinner and do not fit my kids as well. SO even though they might be cheaper, they aren't the true Huggies...in my opinion...

Krista said...

Oh interesting... I have never bought them from Costco, maybe thats why I've never had a problem with them! I wondered why so many people say they leak when I have never had that problem... mystery solved thanks to Robin!

Anonymous said...

cloth baby! so much better than anything else.

Erin said...

I hate Huggies, too. But, I haven't given them much of a try. So, I shouldn't be too harsh. But, I hate their wipes, too. I use Pampers for diapers & wipes. The huggie wipes rip easily, and they stick to the baby's bottom as you wipe. Ouch! Pamper wipes just glide.......

Gibbytron said...

I prefer Depends.