Wednesday, July 23, 2008

:: First Haircut ::

I have been needing to cut Analise's hair for quite some time, I have just never gotten to it. Partly because I wasn't sure how I could get her to sit still long enough to let me do it and partly because I like that her hair was long enough to put in a ponytail...and little girls look so cute with long hair.

As great as little girls look with long hair, Analise's hair wasn't looking so great. I *affectionately* began referring to her as Joe Dirt. For those of you who don't know who that is, take a look:
Here is montage of pre-haircut pictures. My little 'Joe Dirt'.
I put her in her high chair, turned on Nemo, and cut the bottom half of her hair to match the shorter layer. People often ask me if I have layered her hair before, but I never have. She lost her hair in one even strip in the back from rubbing her head back and forth in her crib, so when that grew in, it never caught up to the bottom hair that never fell out. All of that to say, our daughter had a mullet and I disposed of it.

I did my best to give her somewhat of a style. All of a sudden she looks more grown up...like a little lady, and oh so sophisticated. Here is what she looked like right after the cut:Apparently, I was in the way of the tv, hence the lovely look on her face!
Not so bad for a first haircut. I will have to get used to cutting hair when brother arrives!

13 comments:

Sally said...

So cute. I think you did a wonderful job Nini. You have mad Mom-ing skillz, yo.

Krista said...

Oh my gosh, the one of her with her belly sticking out made me laugh, so classic! I love the new haircut.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that looks great...well, tante nini can´t you come over this afternoon and help me with anas hair????its a bit more tricky..cause its all over and very curly... ana said "lisi hüübsch" when she saw the pics!
big hug
clau

B&E said...

Fabulous hair cut....love it! She does look sophisticated :-)

big hair betty said...

Great job mama! She is just TOO cute, ugh!!

Bonnie said...

Oh Nini! You did SUCH a good job! She definitely looks older, but still SO cute.

Sanders Family said...

VERY cute Mini Mink! I just love the the mommy and me hair. You are both beauties! Markus is a lucky Papa! Me likey!

faithsalutes said...

This makes me want to have babies. I love her via photos!

Steph said...

Nice cut Nini! So straight and chic :) It's just amazing to me how much more hair she has than Jack (well, he has the least hair of all the toddlers we know :) Isn't it hard to get them still?
Oh, and dippin dots are strangely good. You've inspired me to do a random date with Josh at the arcade. Haven't been to it in years!

Erin said...

What a great photo series! Krista, the tummmy cracked me up, too! Baby pot bellies are so funny.
You did a fantastic job on the hair cut. Really cute!!

Montana said...

whoa... thats the cutest mullet i've ever seen! Even though, you're right, it does look like Joe dirt! :)
Carolyn

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Garaway said...

how cute is she! she has the Suri 'do