Wednesday, February 27, 2008

:: A River Runs Through It ::

Markus grew up in a little village in the Austrian alps. He has always loved being outside, and now that he is fishing, he is getting a fair dose of the outdoors. While we went to Yosemite, the boys went fishing in the Merced River. I am not sure who took these pictures, but I loved them. They show Markus in his element, enjoying his new favorite thing.


I must say, it is Ryan Ollenburger's fault that Markus started fly fishing. Since the day they met, Ryan has been trying to get Markus to fish...it took 3 1/2 years, but he was finally successful. Ryan is a great outdoors man and quite a fisherman. He catches fish all the time. It is currently Steelhead season, which I mentioned in an earlier post, and these are some pictures of one of Ryan's finest catches. I thought it would only be fair to show off Ryan's skills too!
This is a "trophy fish"
So here is to Ryan and Markus and the great outdoors. Enjoy the last week of Steelhead season!

1 comment:

itstrivial said...

As an Alaskan I know my fish. That is one hot catch! One to be proud of to be sure!