Thursday, February 7, 2008

:: Fridge ::

For those of you that have been to our house, you know that our fridge is loaded with pictures of our families and friends. I love pictures, and I love to proudly post pictures of the people we love. Almost every picture on our fridge has been sent to us in the mail...mainly the fun Christmas cards that people send every year. When someone comes over and says, "how come I am not on your fridge?", I respond, "send me a picture and you will be on the fridge!"

Here is our fridge (pardon the glare):

Thankfully some people take this literally! One of the most noticed and commented on photos is that of our great friend, Dan Jackson. One day I received an email with no words, just the attached photo from him. It is purposely placed in one of the most looked at spots. We proudly display this picture of Dan in his junior year in high school. Notice the proud display of his Hemet High School basketball jersey, the relaxed kneeling pose, the perfect hand placement on the ball...it is pure brilliance, almost like an Olan Mills photo.

Here is to friends, photos, and to the Hemet High Bulldogs!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Hemet is Heaven. I've only heard this, though. I've never been...

Erin said...

Oh. And, that is a really nice picture, Dan. Good choice for the fridge.

Lettner Family said...

Ha ha! I have been, and there are bumper stickers ALL over that say, Hemet is Heaven...and hotter than hell...Ha ha. I knew you Lutz' would appreciate this post!

Krista said...

I LOVE it. And Dan, I know you're reading this post, and reading all these comments and loving it. Don't even pretend you don't.

Lettner Family said...

Krista...precisely why I posted this, for our friend who doesn't read blogs!

Bonnie said...

I love your fridge collage! Guess I'm going to have to send you a picture if I ever want to make it onto the Lettner Hall of Fame, hey!? :) Oh, and although I don't know that Dan character, its still a sweet picture! Old school at its best.

Sally said...

I love your fridge. It reminds me of the fridges in "Country" magazine. Every month they had a feature entitled "who hid the fridge?" and it was all about people who covered their fridges with interesting things like pig magnets. :) Pigs are cool too, but I vote pics.

Also, love the story about socks being your flair. You changed... hee hee. Boys are strange, but fun.

faithsalutes said...

Lake Hemet is where I wish to spend my summers...cruising down Florida Ave.