Wednesday, August 24, 2011

:: From Canada ::

We have been busy over here - hence the silence in blogland.

The highlight of the past few weeks was a visit from the Canucks. About two months ago I received an email from a friend that said something along the lines of, 'would I mind if he surprised his wife Tara by sending her here for a week?' Um...of course not! Send her...send her quick! Long story short, after much planning on his part and a simple phone call on my part during her birthday party (two days before her scheduled arrival), the surprise was popped and she was on her way!

I met Tara while living in New Zealand and we became fast friends. I had the privilege of being the matron of honor in her wedding in Canada four years ago (I had to post this picture...she was a stunning bride).Last Tuesday, Jameson accompanied me to the airport to pick her up and as soon as she got off of the plane, he claimed her for his own. Literally. He dropped my hand and took hers. He stuck to her like glue. It wasn't long until Analise followed suit. Despite the relentless summer fog, we had a great time together. She lived life with the Lettners for a full week. Heading to the park, sometimes multiple times in one day, forest walks, grocery trips, tantrums and beach trips.

One day we headed to Roaring Camp to explore the redwoods.
Jameson was *beyond* proud to be 'holding' Tara...
We fed some very personable ducks...

and a brave squirrel!
Tara was a trooper, going from place to place with me and the kids. We even made it to the aquarium.
My kids adore her and never gave her a free minute (I don't think she minded too much).

Tara's husband, Josh, flew down on Friday to spend the rest of the surprise week with us and it didn't take long for the kids to take to him as well!

The Canucks headed back to their land yesterday morning and the kids aren't too happy about it. They ran out to the living room this morning expecting to see the Jensen's sleeping on the couch (yes, the couch. They chose to spend their vacation on our couch - amazing). Much to the kid's dismay, they were indeed gone. Numerous times today Jameson claimed that he was going to Canada for his birthday. I'm so thankful for Josh and how he loves Tara. His gift of sending her down here was not only a gift to her, but to me and my family as well!
Here's to Canada for being the homeland of our Tara!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Awwwwww why cant Tara come visit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks like you had so much fun!

briandem said...

Nuraini! I have missed your blogging, but glad to see that you are back in action. Looks like you had an awesome time with Tara...what a special friend!

Tara said...

Nini! So touched to have made it into your blog. You're an amazing woman and a real inspiration! Truly one of a kind! So proud to call you my friend! Praying for you.

The Webbers said...

what a fun blessing. A fun end to the summer:)