Tuesday, February 22, 2011

:: Secret Fancy ::

Jameson is a man's man. He likes to grunt and growl, show his muscles and play with dirt. He likes snakes and spiders and climbing and sword fighting. He loves tractors and trains, airplanes and helicopters.
And while he is all boy, he also loves to snuggle and has an appreciation for fine clothing. Believe it or not, he is much more concerned with what he wears than his sister and we regularly have battles over what pair of pants he wants to wear or the fact that I don't want him to wear his rocket jammies in the bathtub.

The other night, Analise and her cousin Ana were dressing up. Someone wanted to wear her new birthday dress and her new birthday shoes and be 'really, really fancy' and have lots of pictures taken.





The funny thing...






it wasn't Analise.
The next morning, when I asked him if he had fun getting fancy, he didn't want to talk about it. He just growled at me.
That's my boy!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Yes! I love it. Such a boy (including the secret love of fancy dress up.)

Ashley said...

He and Annike have SOOOO much in common!! Coming from the mother whose child has worn the same two dresses since January. If Annike saw that dress, she wouldn't want to take it off :)

Krista said...

This post made me laugh. I love that he didn't want to talk about it the next day. Classic.

Montana said...

Ha!! That made me laugh out loud!! what a funny kid!

Janelle said...

What a darling little guy! He is just too cute!