Friday, January 14, 2011

:: In the Now ::

We're a few weeks into the new year and I have had this post brewing in my mind and heart for a while. I typically don't 'do' new year resolutions, even though there are heaps and heaps of things I aspire to do and be. This year though, I have set some goals for myself that I hope to keep and live up to. While the list in my head is quite large, I decided to narrow it down for practicality and in order to set some realistic boundaries for myself.Eleven things I want to do in 2011:

* be more intentional - in my marriage, as a parent, as a friend
* clean my bathroom more
* talk less, listen more
* be able to run and not get shin splints (yes, I have tried good shoes and inserts)
* be more aware of the Holy Spirit in my life - in the everyday, throughout the day
* go to the beach with my kids more
* take more pictures
* memorize more Scripture
* pray for our parents and siblings regularly
* send more handwritten letters
* manage my time more efficiently

As I eagerly work toward these goals and look forward to all that is to come in this new year, I also want to be sure to enjoy things in the moment, not always be looking to the future or for the next big thing. I want to savor experiences, even the hard ones, because it is flying by. It feels like it only took a few minutes for her to go:
And for him to grow...
And for them to go...

The next thing I know they will be grown and out of the house. *eek*

Do you make resolutions or goals? What do you want to accomplish in 2011?

6 comments:

itstrivial said...

Wow. Looking at those pics of your kiddos is freaking me out! My precious bean will be a real for real little one toddling about before I know it. :)

I think your goals are really good ones. I'd be proud to accomplish even half! :)

Cheers, friend. And happy New Year.

Sally

Junneen said...

Cook more of your recipes..keep em coming girl!

Dan said...

My goal is to be like Nini in all things. Nini Nini Nini.

Stef said...

loved these, Nini! I love how practical yours are. I tried to go practical this year, but I think the most practical was to "continue" working out :) So far, I've managed to keep going.

Happy New Year!!

Janelle said...

Nini I love this! Your post is awesome, I love your heart in all of it! Your a rockstar!!

Stephanie said...

Wow - those pictures speak volumes, don't they? Time flies.

I want to be more intentional about my marriage and to take more pictures in 2011 too.

I also want to:
* remember birthdays
* set aside "school time" with my 4-year-old
* get pregnant with baby #3. ;)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net