Thursday, January 20, 2011

:: Blue Apple Art ::

I have mentioned before that Analise loves to draw. A good portion of her day is spent at the table with crayons and markers and heaps of paper - drawing pictures for everyone she can think of - her family, her friends, her cat, the mail man, you name it.

For the past few months, she has been taking an art class on Monday mornings at Blue Apple Studio. It is owned and run by my long time friend Cayce Ellison. Cayce is so gifted - not only in her own art but in teaching art as well. It is no small feat to teach a room full of 4 and 5 year old kiddos how to listen, follow directions and paint amazing pieces of artwork!

Markus and I both look forward to Mondays to see what Analise will bring home from art class. We have been blown away with the artwork that she has been creating! Here are some of my favorite pieces that that she has created...

We used Mr. Snowman for our Christmas labels...
Depending upon the day you ask her, this is either Bambi's mom or Mr. Rudolph...

Meet Mr. Penguin and Mr. Panda...
And Mr. Owl...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mr. Owl!
When I was a kid, I loved drawing rainbows, suns with smiley faces and little wood cabins. What was your favorite thing to draw when you were little?

8 comments:

itstrivial said...

Frame them! Frame them ALL!

Stephanie said...

WOW. She is a super talented little girl...a true artist.

Our 4-year-old loves drawing too - and she is very meticulous about every detail. I bet she'd love to be a part of an art class!

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisi you are good! fantastic! would love to have a picture in our austrian home says oma and opa

MamaMia said...

Those are so awesome! I'm very impressed, and that's coming from a college Art major ; )
She seems to love drawing animals. It's so sweet.
For me it was mermaids, but now I'm thinking it would have been fun to draw log cabins!

-hayley

Krista said...

She is amazing! What detail for a young girl. I agree, frame them all! Our get them mounted on some wood and hang them in her room.

Blessed said...

those are amazing. : )

Bonnie said...

WOW! She has some SERIOUS talent. I know Grade 12 students that can't even draw/paint that well. I'm totally & completely impressed!

I drew people a lot. And the whole interior design/architecture passion started in me at a young age. I was always drawing houses. And I mean houses, with full exterior decks/patios, chimneys (complete with smoke billowing from them) and horizontal siding. What can I say!? I've always loved design :)

Trish said...

What a stunningly talented child !
This is something special.