Thursday, December 9, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Side Dish

I found this recipe on a great website I have been frequenting lately (she even lists WW points for those that are counting). We eat broccoli quite often, yet I hardly ever think to get cauliflower. In fact, until I found this recipe, I do not think I had ever even prepared cauliflower in any way other than putting together a veggie platter. A few friends had told me about this recipe so I decided to give it a try. We have made it almost every week since the first batch and what do you know, it is Markus' new favorite side dish. He even requested it for his birthday meal! So, be brave. Buy cauliflower and make this recipe -- you won't be disappointed!

Oven Roasted Cauliflower

* 6 cups cauliflower florets (1 large cauliflower) cut small
* 3 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* kosher salt and fresh pepper
* juice of 1/4 lemon
* 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Combine cauliflower, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper well so all the florets are coated and seasoned. Place in a large shallow roasting pan and place in the center of the oven.
Roast for about 25-35 munites, turning florets occasionally so they are evenly cooked. Remove from oven and top with Parmigiano Reggiano and additional salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!
Click photo for credit

If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Oven Roasted Cauliflower

1 comment:

DiscoveringMommy said...

Yumm! That sounds delicious. I think I am going to try this one. Thanks Nini!