Saturday, December 4, 2010

:: More Than Words ::

Thanks to the amazing gifts and talents of my friend Jessica, and a half an hour spent in a beautiful green field on a chilly fall afternoon, I have some special photos that capture so much more than my words can describe. I've been a bit quiet here in the blogosphere -- busy in my heart and my head and not being able to adequately put it into words. And in the times I cannot come up with my own words for the things that are on my heart and mind, I am thankful for others who can.

"Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man." - Psalm 112:4
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

"...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31"My Friend shall forever by my Friend and reflect a ray of God to me." - Henry David Thoreau

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." - Proverbs 15:30
"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints." - Philemon 1:7
"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." - Psalm 126:3
"Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm" - Proverbs 4:25-26
"Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God" - Karl Barth
"Blessed be childhood, which brings down something of heaven into the midst of our rough earthliness." - Henri Amiel

9 comments:

Sally said...

Beautiful pictures. It was nice to chat this morning. Hopefully we can touch base again soon. I'm glad you have such wonderful friends to surround you in California. Community is a blessed thing.

Stef said...

oh my goodness, the pictures of you with the kids are priceless! I loved these. Your friend did an amazing job!

big hair betty said...

SO wonderful!! I'm glad you have such a hope in the Lord, as well as great friends!

Ashley said...

Awwww.... I LOVE these!! Especially the ones with YOU in them :)

Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful blog, nini! heartwarming and encouraging. great pictures and well chosen words!
love you, kristin

Erin said...

Beautiful, Nini. Words & images. Well put.

Bonnie said...

You and your kids are BEAUTIFUL Nini! Stunning pictures!!

Steph said...

Wonderful. All of it. Such treasures, indeed!

congamama2 said...

You rock Nini! I think you are a wonderful mom/person! HA! that sounds funny to me, 'momperson' , friendperson, jesusperson, funnyperson, creativeperson!
All of the above!
love you~
Robin