Thursday, April 29, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Dessert

I was inspired by my friend Ashley to bake a pie. The blueberries at Costco were calling my name, so I picked them up, brought them home and baked a pie. I have never made a pie with frozen fruit...I know people do it all the time, but I don't have the guts to venture in that direction. Fresh fruit in a pie is the only way to go for me and it is simply amazing! This fresh blueberry pie is easy to make and ridiculously delicious.

Blueberry Crumble Pie

* 1 of your favorite homemade pie crusts or ready-made pie crust
* 5 Cups fresh blueberries
* 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 Cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Topping
* 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 Cup brown sugar, packed
* 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
* 2-3 Tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fit pie crust into pie plate and crimp edges as desired. In large bowl, sprinkle blueberries with lemon juice and set aside. In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon and add to berries, stirring gently. Pour evenly into crust and prepare topping.

In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and brown sugar. Cut in butter and mix (I use my fingers for this) until it is in course crumbles. Sprinkle evenly over pie and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cover edges with foil if crust is browning too quickly. Enjoy!
If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Blueberry Crumble Pie

3 comments:

Sally said...

I can't think of anything I'd like to make more right now. That. Looks. Amazing. :) You've done it again Nini!

Stef said...

YUM!! I just bought some organic frozen blueberries... do you think I can make it with them instead of the fresh ones? This looks so yummy and I have all the other ingredients!

Ashley said...

It feel funny to have "inspired" you with my strawberry mess... but, hey, I am glad my pie was good for something! GREAT to see you today!!