Friday, April 2, 2010

:: Birthday Week ::

In the midst of a crazy busy season and a crazy busy week, my birthday, which was on Monday, was made special by so many people. I have been celebrated all week!

Not counting the gifts that have been arriving throughout the month from my mom (thanks mom), my birthday week began on Sunday with a birthday song during the Easter party we went to... It carried on to Monday which began with an early morning birthday song from my two munchkins. A delicious muffin and mocha from Staci. An hour and a bit to myself while Shelley hung out with my little ones. A great lunch. Heaps of birthday calls, emails, Facebook love from all around the globe! Errands with the fam and an 'at home sushi date' with my man. It was a great day! The festivities continued as the week went on. Last night I got to spend some quality time with Staci and Renee, have a little bite and watch a funny movie. It was much needed friend time.

Can I just brag about my husband for a minute?Well, sure I can...it's my blog after all :-) He was *so* thoughtful for my birthday gift this year. He will tell you that I am hard to buy presents for. I am not really hard to buy for...I am so easy to please, but I am terrible at telling people what I want. I did tell him a month or so ago that I would love the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice so I was sure that was what I would receive.

That's not what I got (not from him at least...but from Renee. Thank you very much!)

Markus got me this...That's right, my very own pretty blue iPod Shuffle. He knows I have a *secret runner* in me that is trying to find her way out so he got me this one so I could use it when I run. He wanted me to have something that is just mine. Something I can really use and something that will make my attempts at running a bit more enjoyable. I was SO thankful and blessed by his thoughtfulness. Above and beyond anything I expected!

A huge thank you to everyone who helped make my birthday so special this year. THANK YOU!

(And now it's out. There is a secret runner inside of me *somewhere* (or so I think). Now that I have typed it for the blogosphere to read, you have to keep me at my word. Check in with me. Ask me if I am doing anything about it. I am starting the Couch to 5K program and the Wharf to Wharf is coming up too!)

9 comments:

Mrs. IbStarC said...

You go, girl. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't run unless there is something really big chasing me. And even then, it has to have sharp teeth before I get serious about breaking my stride. LOL!
Props to you! And more birthday-week love.

Sally said...

Pride and Prejudice. So good. It's something to be watched with sisters or good girl friends. :) Have you seen Cranford? It's sooooo good. I highly recommend.

Sally said...

Oh! And happy b-day! :)

thecolorplaid said...

i was still in cali on monday and missed your birthday dear! i was not on the phone or computer. so happy belated!!! sounds like it was truly special! much love to you.

Stef said...

happy birthday, again! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I can't get over how tiny that shuffle is. Mine must be very old, because its WAY bigger :)

LindaFaye said...

sounds like there are lots of people who wanted you to feel loved on your birthday week. that's awesome. good luck starting your running schedule. you can do it!!

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Nini~
You can always join Team In Training to fulfill your secret runner...we have great events, Nike Full and Half, San Jose Half, Kauai Half and Royal Victoria Full and Half. We have a great program!
www.teamintraining.org

Robin

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to you, Nini!

Stephanie said...

So proud of you! You are going to be a 5K pro in no time!

P.S. I accidentally washed my ipod shuffle last week and it broke. So sad. I think I'm going to start using my iphone instead...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net