Thursday, March 18, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Roundup: Kid Friendly

My friend Shelley mentioned that it would be good to get some recipes on here that are kid friendly. I suppose all of my recipes are kid friendly if your kids are easy eaters. My kids are not. While it can be challenging to get the kiddos to eat all that we would like them to, they both LOVE meatballs (and so do I). This recipe is easy, delicious and on the healthy side -- they have veggies right inside! You can add any vegetables you like too. So, go get some ingredients and enjoy these Turkey-Veggie Meatballs. Your kids might like 'em too!

Turkey-Veggie Meatballs

* 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (I use 93% lean so they aren't too dry)
* 1/2 Cup dry breadcrumbs
* 1/2 Cup (2 ozs.) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
* 1/3 Cup green onions, finely chopped
* 1/4 Cup carrot, shredded
* 1/4 Cup zucchini, shredded
* 1/4 Cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
* 1 large egg white
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl being sure not to over mix. I substitute shredded summer squash for the parsley. Shape mixture into 30 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Bake for 15 minutes or until light browning begins. Remove from oven and serve plain or with sauce. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Turkey-Veggie Meatballs

2 comments:

Ashley said...

It turns out that I took this recipe print-out home with me from your house when I was visiting by accident... I just found it with the checks in my SF stuff. I guess you managed to post the recipe anyway!!

sarah said...

Ok, so this is such a big hit in my house tonight! Jack is now on thirds. Thanks for introducing me to the goodness of the turkey meatball!!