Wednesday, February 3, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and use it as you please. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Sweets


I was initially led to this recipe from my friend Stephanie at Metropolitan Mama back in the summer and since then, I have made these granola bars countless times. They are easy, delicious, and versatile. You can add any ingredients you want -- I have made them with dried cranberries, apricots, mangos, peanuts, almonds, and on and on. They are a perfect treat for a snack at home or for a gathering.

Easy Granola Bars

* 3 Cups quick cooking oats
* 1 (14 ozs.) can sweetened condensed milk
* 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
* 1 Cup flaked or shredded coconut
* 1 Cup sliced almonds
* 1 Cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips (I usually use normal size chocolate chips)
* 1/2 Cup sweetened dried cranberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sweetened condensed milk, butter, coconut, almonds, chocolate chips and cranberries with your hands until well blended. Press flat into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, depending upon how crunchy you like them. Lightly browned just around the edges will give you moist, chewy bars. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut into squares then let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Easy Granola Bars

6 comments:

thecolorplaid said...

yum! those granola bars look INCREDIBLE!!!!

team brownlee said...

I made these today, Nini! SOOOO good, but anything with s.c.m. is! Good to run into you and your cute little people yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Are there still some left ..with my first coffee..tuesday???
can´t wait anyway!!
xxclau

Stef said...

I've made these before!! how random. I think my recipe either called for dark chocolate, or maybe it was just my choice. YUM

Stephanie said...

Aren't they the BEST? So easy...yet so good. We never buy the grocery store kind any more... :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Stef said...

okay, so I made this recipe today and yours was way easier than mine and actually yummier! Thanks :)