Saturday, February 6, 2010

:: Love Me Some Lizzy ::

There are very few books that I have, or even care to read more than once. Whenever I want to go to another time and another place there is one in particular that I always come back to. Long before the Jane Austen craze began, Pride and Prejudice had been one of my favorite books, and still is.The movie is also among one of my favorites. Sorry Kiera Knightly...nothing compares to the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Nothing. If you haven't seen it -- please do. You will not be sorry.

7 comments:

Sanders Family said...

Have we ever discussed this? It's funny because I am such a fan of this version and fell in LOVE with Colin Firth after this movie! Ok, I don't really love Colin, but I certainly have a thing for Mr. Darcy as well as most any Colin Firth movie (Love Actually anyone?)! And Jay thinks that Lizzie is pretty lovable as well! lol! Good taste!

raya said...

This makes me want to watch all 6 hours right now! Even Forest likes the BBC version...he even shushed me when I was talking through a scene : )

Sally said...

BBC all the way. :) So much better.

thecolorplaid said...

you know how i feel about this. love it. love it. love it. im reading persuasion right now. jane austen is lovely!!!!

Stef said...

you just made me want to watch this again! Also, I've never read the books! Shocking, since I adore this movie. I also hated the new version, so I'm glad you gave the BBC version props :)

Stephanie said...

Another thing we have in common! Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite movies as well. I actually like both versions, but...I think the BBC version probably "wins" by a hair. :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Montana said...

AMEN!! I love the BBC version! I even got Justin to sit and watch it all with me a few years back! LOVE it!
Carolyn