Tuesday, July 14, 2009

:: Cookie Time ::

I made cookies with my little cookie monster for the first time yesterday. I made the dough while the kids were napping. While the dough chilled she kept asking, "I get to make cookies with you Mom?" She was so excited to make cookies together.Analise waited patiently while I rolled out the dough (yes, that is a wine bottle covered in plastic wrap I am using...don't have a rolling pin)..."Mom, now?"..."Can I cut them out now?"...She is not trying to be a one-eyed pirate here. For some reason, this is her new *smile for the camera* face. We used to not be able to get her to smile or even look at the camera, now she does this face?!It wasn't until we were almost done that she discovered that the dough tasted good!Here are some of the finished product. She did the sprinkles all by herself.My mom gave Analise a miniature Noah's Ark cookie cutter set. I think she set up the story pretty well on this plate.I enjoyed making cookies with my girl.

5 comments:

Krista said...

First off, I love love love your "rolling pin", too funny and very creative! Also, I love Analise's new camera smile, it's pretty cute. (Comment #2) :)

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a fun mother/daughter afternoon.

My 2-year-old and I love baking together. Tonight we made Peanut Butter Balls and we're planning to make Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins on Friday. So fun!

Oma Heidi said...

thanks Analise and Nini to make me such nice birthday cookies. Love you. Back in Africa

faithsalutes said...

Can I order a box of those?

Erin said...

I love the pics of her chubby little hand cutting the cookies out. So cute!
They (the cookies) look yummy. Good job girls!