Sunday, November 9, 2008

:: Weekend Update ::

What a week it has been!  Bringing Jameson home, getting used to being a family of four, remembering what it is like to have a newborn in the house, lots of laundry, and watching Analise be a loving big sister are just a few of the things that have brought us joy this week. 

Markus stayed home from work for the first week and I must say, he is just amazing.  He kept everything in order, did lots of dishes, kept up the house and spent lots of special time with Analise, all the while reminding me how he appreciates all that I do as well.  My heart melted with pride and joy quite a few times this week just observing him be a fantastic husband and father.   
One thing in particular absolutely melted my heart one morning this week.  Markus had been getting up with Analise so I could sleep in a bit with Jameson.  While I was 'sleeping', I was able to hear them playing in the living room.  Hearing she and Markus play and talk in the mornings is precious to me.  All of a sudden, I hear Analise start singing 'Jesus Loves Me' at the top of her lungs.  Of course the words are jumbled around, but it is very clear that she is singing that song.  Made me tear up.  
Our new little man is quite different than Analise was when she was a newborn.  He is rather mellow and content.  He sleeps quite a bit and when he is awake he is alert and observant.  
We went on our first walk when he was just four days old.  He likes to be moving.  
Here are some pictures of our girl doing one of her favorite things...walking in Dad's shoes.
Stay tuned for more gratuitous pictures of Analise being Analise and Jameson laying on his back not moving :-)

3 comments:

Sally said...

Keep those pictures coming! I'm sure you have many adoring Nini fans out there that want to know every detail! I'm just impressed that you have time to blog!

faithsalutes said...

I almost cried reading this. Bravo.

Bonnie said...

Your children are so cute, I could just squeeze 'em... if only I wasn't so far away :) Sounds like you're adjusting well to being a family of four! Glad to hear it!