Monday, May 12, 2008

:: Mother's Day ::

I had a fantastic day yesterday. I felt so loved and cared for by both Markus and Analise. Analise slept in until 8:00am, which was nice for both Markus and I. I got to stay in bed, and Markus and Analise went to Starbucks to get me a coffee and yummy pastry! After I got my treats, Analise came running from her bedroom with a special present that she made for me (with her dad's help).

This is Analise's very first drawing. She spent some good time making this card for me. Markus said once she understood that color only came out of one end of the marker, she went to town on the paper. I was so touched by this card, and Markus wrote some very special words to me on the back. I would have been so pleased if this was all the day entailed.
Once we got ready for the day, we headed over to San Jose to go to Happy Hollow, which is a small park and zoo. Analise really enjoyed her time here! It was such a fantastic time. We saw lots of animals. Among her favorites were the Jaguar "kitty, kitty", the colorful parrots that yelled at her, a HUGE tortoise, a dirty, stinky sheep, some goats, and the fuzzy wallabies. She almost let a donkey lick her, but she pulled her hand away!
The look on her face each time we saw some animals was worth the entire trip. She is finally at an age when you can tell that she genuinely is having a good time. She was so sweet the entire day, loving on both Markus and I. When we got home, we all napped and then did the grocery shopping for the week together. Markus and Analise took good care of me on Mother's Day. I am so thankful for both of them!! It was a special day!

1 comment:

Sally said...

I can only imagine what going to the zoo with Analise might be like. I bet you saw things with new eyes.