Monday, May 5, 2008

:: It's Easy Being Green ::

We are working on 'going green' in the Lettner household. There are lots of things we can do to be even more environmentally friendly than we are, but we are taking baby steps. We recycle everything we can, we use little heat, and try to watch out how much electricity we use.

Analise decided she would join us in being 'green' and make good use of her diaper box before we broke it down to put in the recycling bin. She thought she was just the coolest thing cruising around in her Cruisers box! Markus would zoom her around the room and she would squeal and laugh her little heart out! I love how she hung her arm out of the box like she has been driving for years...The most recent step we have taken toward 'being green' is getting reusable grocery bags. We always get paper bags, but we both feel like we can be doing more, so yesterday when we went grocery shopping we bought ourselves some great reusable grocery bags. These Trader Joe's reusable bags are fantastic! They are sturdy, strong, and they hold even more than normal paper bags! Kermit had it all wrong when he said it wasn't easy being green!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this bags!!!!! Have to get one the next time....
xxclau

big hair betty said...

That is great!! Now, about those diapers... how about using cloth???!!

Sally said...

Love her in that box. Love it. She is such a cutie. But I am even more enamoured by the way you both love Analise so well. She is blessed to have you.

Lettner Family said...

Ack! Sara, you're right! A blog about going green with a diaper box is sort of contradictory isn't it!? Ha ha! I must not be so green afterall...just can't do the cloth. I suppose I should say that I am just not there yet! Maybe Kermie was right!?

CAjohnsonfamily said...

Love the pictures! We need to get together soon!!!! Maybe have Marcus and Allen do the cooking? I'm feeling really tired, and the morning sickness will hit me in a week or two.

B&E said...

Oh my goodness! Adorable pictures, love them! So I responded to the comment you left me on our blog, but I responded under your comment on my blog. Does that make sense? All that to say that i'm not sure if you saw that I responded or not. I'm still not used to this blog thing and am confused on how some of it works. I have some new postings coming for you so be sure to check back soon...I promise it wont be another 2 months in between blog updates :-)

Gibbytron said...

ohhhhh nini, i hope you felt the sarcasm. i know you only have my best interests out for me. :) you are the best. much love to you my friend. were you ever bullied as a kid?