Wednesday, April 30, 2008

:: Dolphins ::

Analise and I were on our usual morning walk today and we were able to see quite the sight. As we were talking with Francesco and Jesus (see post from a few weeks ago), they asked if we had seen the dolphins, to which I had replied that we didn't see any. For some reason, I always seem to miss the dolphins when they are here...

As we were chatting about Francesco's trip to Italy last year Analise started pointing to the ocean and saying "dat, dat, dat". We looked to where she was pointing and lo and behold...at least 12 dolphins were swimming in the water! They were going in slow motion. Up and down with the smooth precision that only dolphins seem to possess. Analise was so excited, shaking her hands all over, bouncing up and down, saying "dat, dat, dat". It was another glorious morning here in Aptos! No pics as I didn't have my camera, but you can imagine it with me. It was beautiful!

4 comments:

Gibbytron said...

and what if I don't? what u gonna do about it She-sus?

Stephanie and Brad said...

Dolphins are such cool animals. Brad has actually surfed with them a few times over here in Australia. It sort of scared him at first, to have these big animals swim up beside him but then he thought it was pretty cool. I've only seen them from the beach and I agree that they're beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ana was looking up the dolphins in her big animal book..she liked them and she is very jealous that analise has seen them for real!!! another reason to come back as soon as possible!!!
clau&ana

Jessica Hoff said...

we saw some yesterday, too! Sammy wants to tell analise that God made 'em. :)