Friday, December 21, 2007

:: Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate ::

I have not posted in a few days because I have been busy baking, baking, baking! In the past few days I have been baking Christmas gifts for our friends. While the commercialized American in me would like to be able to get and give lavish gifts to all of our friends and family, it just isn't going to happen, for obvious reasons of course. I love to give gifts that are thoughtful and useful. While food is definitely not useful for much other than tantalizing the taste buds, it is made from the heart and with every good intention. I really enjoy making treats and packing them up nicely. It is something that I find joy in. Presenting a package that is nicely wrapped is fun for me. I like to make things look nice. They say half the gift is the presentation right?!

This year I made Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ginger Cookies (recipe courtesy of my amazing friend Sam Griffith), and Peppermint Bark. The whole point of this post was to tell you about the Peppermint Bark I made. It is SO stinking delicious, and SO easy to make. I have never made it before, however I decided that I will NEVER pay for Peppermint Bark again. Sorry Williams-Sonoma, my Peppermint Bark is better than yours, and it is not $20.00 per box. It may not be as pretty (I am still perfecting it), but it is dang tasty!
Here is a picture of the Peppermint Bark:

I am more than happy to give you the recipe for the Peppermint Bark if you like. It is very inexpensive and very easy to make...just let me know if you want it.

There is just something about Chocolate and Christmas together!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Can I have your recipe please? I hope your having a fun Christmas!

Robin said...

Great seeing you and Annalise at the mall today...the Peppermint bark looks yummy...can I get your recipe? I love adding to my holiday baking recipes!
Merry Christmas.
Robin
brookefamily5@cruzers.com