Tuesday, July 12, 2011

:: Sweet Things ::

The 4th of July weekend came and went and I only have two pictures to show for the fabulous weekend we had! After a fun family weekend, we spent the 4th at the Aptos parade, some fun family time and then a lovely BBQ with some of our favorite people. I got to bring a dessert to the BBQ. I wanted to be creative and steer away from the typical desserts I tend to make (cake, pies, etc.), found an *amazing* recipe online and whipped up with this sweet American pride!Last Saturday, my friend Erin held a carnival to raise money for World Orphans and I made a cake for the cake walk. When I asked her what kind of cake I should make, she said, "Something that a kid would want."

Since I knew some of the kiddos that were going to be at the carnival, I decided to make a baseball cake with some San Francisco Giants pride! Cake decorating may not be my best talent, but it was fun nonetheless, and I *think* the cake was a sweet success - the carnival sure was!And I happen to think that these two are the really the sweetest...
What's your favorite sweet?

4 comments:

Stef said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE!!! Love the face paints. Rachel wants them to know she thinks "they rock the face paint." :)

briandem said...

I want that berry, whipped creme, trifle looking thing right now! I miss you Nuraini, and your kids are too cute, and i'm done with work at the end of this month, so lets get together next month and go for a walk!

Erin said...

Thanks for the cake Nini! It was a big success!

Stephanie said...

Did you make the 4th of July dessert with just real whipped cream and berries? Or are there other ingredients too? It looks fantastic!

Favorite sweet? Hmmm. I'm torn between shortbread cookies, licorice, and ice cream. Oh, and dark chocolate.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net