Thursday, March 25, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Twist on an Original


I have never been a big meatloaf fan. I didn't grow up eating it at home, and while I will eat it if it is served to me, I can't say that I have ever wanted to make it in my own home...until now. When I saw this recipe of Giada's (from Food Network) had to try it. It is absolutely delicious! It is easy to make and kid friendly as well.

Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

* 1/2 Cup plain bread crumbs
* 1/3 Cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
* 1/4 Cup garlic and herb-marinated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
* 2 tablespoons whole milk
* 1/2 Cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound ground turkey meat, preferably dark (I use lean and it is still very moist)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch bread pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, if using, eggs, milk, feta, salt, and pepper. Add the turkey and gently stir to combine, being careful not to overwork the meat.

Carefully pack the meat mixture into the prepared pan and bake until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice. Put on a serving platter and serve. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Turkey Meatloaf with Feta and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

1 comment:

Sally said...

I really enjoy your blog Nini. Have you watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? It's a great show. It encourages people to cook from real ingredients. I got to thinking that you are encouraging people to do just that every week. And though I've slacked off a bit in my posts in recent days... I am also totally committed to cooking healthy food from ingredients. Thanks for the reminder ever week! :)