Thursday, February 25, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and use it as you please. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Salad

I got this recipe straight off of my friend Sally's blog (with permission of course). She is an Alaskan girl, married to a Canadian math genius (is a bit of a math wizard herself), smart, witty, resourceful and a good friend. Not only is Sally a brilliant blogger, but she is quite a cook too! I had the pleasure of eating a few of her concoctions while we were in New Zealand together.

I distinctly remember watching her one day as she peeled heaps of apples while making a homemade apple pie. I thought to myself, "I will never be able to make an apple pie from scratch." Well, I have learned to make an apple pie and I have learned some other great recipes from her as well. She has a section on her blog called Salouise. Check it out and indulge in the goodness.

Sally's Spinach Salad Dressing

* 1 clove garlic
* 2 teaspoons cider or red wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 6 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over spinach, and any other delicious salad toppings and toss to coat. I LOVE red onions, feta cheese, candied pecans, crumbled bacon, tomatoes and dried cranberries. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Sally's Spinach Salad

1 comment:

Mrs. IbStarC said...

I ♥ this salad! The first time you ever made it for us I came home and ate my version of it for months! I used store-bought raspberry vinegrette, but now that I have the recipe...woo-hoo!