Thursday, January 21, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and use it as you please. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: South of the Border

I tried this recipe for the first time this week and it was a hit. This black bean chicken is made up of just a few ingredients, tastes amazing and is really easy to make. Get your crock pot out and get your taste buds ready for a party!

Black Bean Crock Pot Chicken

* 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 (15 ozs.) can of corn, drained
* 1 (15 ozs.) can of black beans, drained
* 1 (15 ozs.) jar salsa, any kind
* 8 ozs. cream cheese

Directions

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix corn, black beans and salsa together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 1/2 - 5 hours. Place cream cheese block right on top and cook on low for 1/2 an hour. Mix cream cheese in until thoroughly incorporated. The sauce will be a bit runny, but you can thicken it up or serve over spanish rice and along with cornbread. Also makes great enchilada or burrito filling. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Black Bean Crock Pot Chicken

6 comments:

Stef said...

I'm making this tomorrow!! thank you :)

erin said...

that's what I'm talkin about! 5 ingredients. perfect. i can't promise to join the rodeo on thursdays, but i have another food blog coming up! i love easy food ideas!

CAjohnsonfamily said...

This is what I like! Simple and tasty!

KC and Jer said...

ok, this looks amazing. i am totally going to try it!!

Marcela Beatty said...

This looks yummy! I just came over from Metropolitan Mama. I will try this tonight!

Looking forward to visiting again!

Marcela Beatty said...

I tried it! It was yummy!

I think next time I might even leave the cream cheese out for a healthier meal?

Thanks. I love crock pot recipes!!!