Friday, November 20, 2009

:: Where Are You From ::

I love knowing where people are from and where they live. It is among one of the first questions I ask someone I have just met. Living in Santa Cruz, CA is pretty fabulous. I really enjoy living where we do and I consider it home, yet every time fall rolls around I get a bit of longing for the east coast, where I grew up. For the first 11 years of my life, home was a tiny town in Vermont where, in the fall, everywhere you turn looks like this... Autumn is my very *favorite* time of year. The clear skies, crisp air, blustery winds, changing leaves and low afternoon sun speak to me, warm my heart and truly bring me joy.
Growing up in a tiny town in Vermont, especially in the fall was just amazing and I am so thankful to have been able to grow up there. We played outside for hours on end, built forts, rode bikes, and jumped in huge leaf piles in the park. The kid in me still longs for those carefree days. I vividly remember riding my bike along Upper Falls Road with bright orange, red and yellow leaves swirling around me.

This image of Mt. Ascutney is forever seared in my mind. I used to gaze at this mountain from my bedroom window every day.The road to Woodstock, VT is one of my favorite drives to take...the road to my old home.Where is your home? Won't you share, even if you don't typically leave comments. I want to know where you are from. Represent yourself, your state, and/or your town!

Where are you from?

6 comments:

Dan Dawson said...

I'm from Scotts Valley... I came a long way to be here today :-) One of those local kids... born and raised :-)

Where am I going next? Ellen has always wanted to live in Alaska, but the more she thinks about it, the more Oregon or Washington might be far enough North :-) We shall see! We have no plans of moving anytime soon, just one of those things we talk about doing some day.

First will be the birth of our daughter... any day now!

Stef said...

As you know, we're very new to Seattle WA, but we are loving it! Especially the very obvious seasons. Its fabulous. However, I spent 14 years in San Jose, CA and the rest of my life in Livermore/Brentwood CA.

Bethany said...

I LOVED seeing where you are from. I forget that you weren't always a Californian. Beautiful place.
As you know, I'm from Corralitos. But my other home was Lanikai Beach, Oahu and I'll forever remember walking to school barefoot along the beach and dreaming about what was on the Mokulua's (islands right off shore) and being nervous to cross the river in case a crab pinched my toes. Here's a picture... I don't know how to make it a link though. http://www.thetravelerszone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lanikai-beach.jpg

Mrs. IbStarC said...

Born and raised in Corry, Pennsylvania. I've called Tucson home for the past 5 years. We'll see where the wind blows us, next. :)

Stephanie said...

Born and raised in Tucson, AZ. My husband and I moved to Flagstaff for college, then on to Phoenix, and then back to Tucson about 5 years ago. I like to think that we're "Arizona experts." :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Shelley said...

Im from Nelson - NEW ZEALAND!!! Im pretty sure you have visited our beautiful town Nini?