Sunday, October 25, 2009

:: We Surprised Her ::

My dear friend Jessica is due to give birth to her third boy in December. I wanted to give her a *surprise* shower with some of our closest friends. The goal was to throw a heartfelt shower - one that celebrated the uniqueness of life - one that celebrated the the unique person that baby B is and the unique place he will have in the Hoff home. We all wanted her to have special things that only baby B will have...no hand me downs, no do-overs, but things that are just for baby B!

It was hard to keep secret but I think it went off quite well!

This is a copy of the invitation that I made and sent out to the guests...We celebrated at Jessica's mom's house - she went above and beyond with the decor.

The table was set...the favors were placed...the food was delightful...the surprise was successful...the time with friends was special...the gifts were personalized for baby B and meaningful...I made him these nifty shirts..Jessica's mom, Ruth, made this amazing painting for his room...isn't it dreamy?!I just love surprises and I love celebrating good friends and the blessed life we get to live. Here's to surprises and to little baby B Hoff!

8 comments:

faithsalutes said...

Nini, this was really cool of you.

hailey said...

painting is adorable! looks like you guys had an amazing time. :)

Steph said...

How wonderful! You and all those amazing women you know are so talented!

Anonymous said...

My very special Schwaegerina !!! It´s very special how you create things and how you make special times for special people!
claudia

Jessica Hoff said...

Yes, Nini is AMAZING!!! I am beyond touched and still so full in my soul from such a special surprise and time with friends. And it was so fun to have this little life celebrated in such a unique way. THANK YOU!

Stef said...

you are such a good friend, Nini. I love when babies, ALL babies are celebrated in such special ways and I can tell from these pictures, your friend was truly blessed. Yay for babies!!!

Stephanie said...

A. The shirts you made are AMAZING. You *really* need to start an Etsy shop. Really.

B. That painting really is dreamy. Now I want her to paint one for each of my girls.' :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Montana said...

So FUN!