Thursday, October 29, 2009

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and use it as you please. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Twist on an original

In this house, we love burgers! You will be hard pressed to ever find a store bought patty in this house. We like to make our burgers big, flavorful, and juicy - something you just can't get in a pre-made patty. In an effort to branch out from our 'usual' we decided to try making some lamb burgers. Yes, lamb burgers. I am typically not a big fan of lamb, most likely from my own inexperience with it, however as of late we have a new favorite meal.

Lamb Burgers (for two)

* 1 lbs. ground lamb
* 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
* 2 tsp. dried oregano
* 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
* 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 ounces feta cheese
* salt and pepper
* ciabatta or foccacia rolls
* sliced cucumbers, onions, tomatoes (optional)
* yogurt sauce, recipe below

Directions

Mix ground lamb, mint, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic together. Grill for approximately 4 minutes per side. Top with yogurt sauce, and if you like, freshly sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. Enjoy!

Above image was found here

Yogurt Sauce


* 1/3 Cup plain yogurt (I use lowfat)
* 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
* 1 -2 tsp. garlic powder (to taste)
* you can also add some diced cucumber and dill for a more Mediterranean type sauce *

If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo, let me know in the comments you are joining so we can visit your blog, or if you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!Click here for a printable version of Grilled Lamb Burgers

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

As I mentioned on my blog, I am intimidated by the prospect of making lamb (I have never done it, actually). Your recipe looks so easy though...and delicious! I may try it.

Quick Question: Where do you buy your ground lamb?

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Nini said...

I had never cooked lamb before either! It is super easy! You can get ground lamb in any grocery store, usually in the meat department much like ground beef. Enjoy!

Stephanie said...

How many burgers does this make? I'm thinking about making them this weekend... :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net