Thursday, August 13, 2009

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

I consider myself to be a student in the kitchen. I am constantly learning new things and new recipes. Lately, many people have been asking me for my recipes which has led me to start a new weekly 'carnival' of sorts. Welcome to Thursday's Recipe Rodeo!

This is the place to get some new recipes or a maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe that is posted on here and use it as you please. If you want to join in on Thursday's Recipe Rodeo on your own blog, please link back to this blog or leave your recipe in the comments here - one can never have enough recipes!

Today's Roundup: Appetizers

This is my mom's own recipe. It is a family favorite and is perfect for warm summer days (or any time of the year).

Blue Cheese Dip

* 1/3 - 1/2 lbs. Blue Cheese (I use the wedge, not pre-crumbled)
* 2 Cups sour cream (I use light)
* 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 1/2 - 2 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce

In medium sized bowl, crumble blue cheese with fork. Add all ingredients into bowl and mix well.

Chill in refrigerator for at least one hour to bring out flavors. Best flavor is reached after one day in fridge. This dip is fantastic with crackers, carrots, celery, on toast, salad, chicken wings...you name it, it is amazing!Since I really don't want to wait until next Thursday, here is another recipe that I got from Stephanie at Metropolitan Mama. Homemade Granola Bars...um...delicious!!

There you have it. The first ever Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. Remember, if you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo, and if you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us, leave it in the comments!

Can't wait to get some of YOUR recipes!Click here for a printable version of Blue Cheese Dip

9 comments:

Stephanie Tang said...

Yay! More Nini recipes! I probably shouldn't put any recipes up since they would all be yours anyway. =-)

Jessica Hoff said...

That dip you make is one of my favorite things in the whole world. I expect a container of it to show up in my hospital room this winter... :D

Erin said...

Fun Nini!
I am contributing.
http://adamshome.blogspot.com/2009/08/green-onions-galore.html

big hair betty said...

Ummm, Nini, are you becoming a real blogging for business blogger?? I'm super impressed!!

This isn't really a recipe, but I'm addicted to dried apricots and nuts (dry toasted slivered almonds or pecans) in just about anything, oatmeal in the morning or brown rice in the evening!

I think I was supposed to link to my blog, but the baby is crying, so here it is!

N. Toft said...

someone gave me this dip idea recently on facebook and i made it today: green olives blended (or magic bulleted) with some cream cheese. YUM

Stephanie said...

Those granola bars are AMAZING, aren't they?

We actually made those again yesterday and I have a few sitting on my countertop right now. I say "a few" because we already ate almost all of them! :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Steph said...

Ooh, looking forward to trying this.. thanks!

Anonymous said...

markus! jetzt wirds aber sehr häuslich!!! schick mal wieder bilder vom fischen!!!
kristin

Team Garaway said...

I love Blue Cheese! My husband doesn't so I usually never make it. Although when I do, I make a blue cheese flan that will make any blue cheese lover swoon. I'll try to post it to my blog soon. Typing and running....