Friday, February 13, 2009

:: We Heart TJ's ::

Can I just say that I LOVE Today is one of those days that I NEEDED to get out of the house. A week of rain and sick kids is not exactly a recipe for a well rested and patient mother. During a sunny break in the morning I packed the kids up and headed to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. Without rambling on too much about how great TJ's is I will say this--major props and thanks to Christopher S. for being a fabulous checker.

As we approached the counter with our TJ's bounty, I was carrying Jameson in the Bjorn and Analise was in the grocery cart. Christopher S. (checker extraordinaire) asked Analise if she wanted a balloon or some Valentine stickers. She said, "please, stickers!" (phew, she was polite). He asked her how old she was, what she liked to do, if she had any friends she was going to share her stickers with (to which she responded, "Sammy and Ryan"). Here is one of the stickers she got. Once the groceries were bagged and paid for he asked if I needed any help out. I said I was fine however as I was finishing my sentence, it started hailing outside. Christopher S. (checker extraordinaire) promptly came outside with me and the kids, waited out the hail, and in the pouring rain he put the bags in the car for me. As I got Jameson in the car, he proceeded to pick up Analise and put her in her car seat for me! Talk about fabulous service!

There has never been a time I have left Trader Joe's disappointed. It is a fantastic place. I found this hilarious little video that someone made...for those of you who aren't familiar with Trader Joe's or have yet to visit one, it will give you an idea of the place...this video is quite clever and fun.

4 comments:

Sally said...

I don't know what it is about the kindness of a perfect stranger that makes a simple gesture so significant. I don't understand it, but I've experienced it. It makes me want to be that perfect stranger. Thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

I saw this happen! As I walked into the store, I thought, wow, that worker is just waiting with Nini to help her out. Good guy!

Robin said...

Paul and I were there today in a DOWN POUR! We parked right outside, and were walking to the care when a TJ employee magically appeared with a HUGE umbrella and covered us while we loaded our groceries!
He took our cart and somehow still had the umbrella over my head as I got into the car..scared the you know what out of me...I thought he was gone by then! But then we watched him walk other people to their cars too...what a great place! We love TJ'S!!

N. Toft said...

that video is hilarious...i guess trader joe quirks are totally universal cuz it's exactly the same in Seattle. Definitely my favorite place.