Tuesday, April 15, 2008

:: Just When You Think You Know ::

Just when you think you know what is going on in life...SURPRISE...not so much! Analise going on an eating strike for the past three days would be one example, however the most prevalent example has to do with an addition to our family!

We knew I was pregnant, which we are very excited about, however based on all things physical and probable, I was quite sure I was just 9 weeks along. I had a doctor appointment today and during my ultrasound, the technician says, "there is NO way that baby is only 9 weeks old...this baby is almost 13 weeks old!"

SURPRISE!!

For the past six weeks I have thought I was going to be having a baby on November 15th or so...well, now I am, Lord willing, going to have a baby on October 22nd or so...WOW! It is exciting, but shocking at the same time. It is especially shocking for someone like me who is somewhat OCD about numbers, dates, timelines, etc. Without going into detail, it is really a crazy chance that I am this far along...I am still baffled. I mean...being four weeks off is not any small number!!

Here is a terrible picture of our new little nugget. I tried to point out where everything is.

15 comments:

Jessica Hoff said...

YAY!!!!!! I love that God threw you a curve ball. And that baby is beautiful already! Couldn't be happier, my friend. Couldn't be happier...

faithsalutes said...

Congratulations Nini. Love you.

Sally said...

Now you can start telling everyone "we're pregnant!" Haha! Kidding... sooo kidding.

But for reals, this is awesome. What an amazing blessing!

McNabb Clan said...

Wahoo!!! We love babies!! We are so excited for you all! huge hugs and love from afar!! love us

Kristen said...

What a good looking head! And four weeks larger than you thought? Amazing Nini! I can't wait to meet that little bean! Congrats and all my love!

Anonymous said...

this is great! i just became a mom and now i am on the way to becoming an aunt again. great! the little nugget is cute, i remember how excited we were when we got the first pictures of lenja! makes your heart jump because of joy! you are prayed for and i hope analise wont strike to long (she has a few reserves though)!
love from austria, kristin

big hair betty said...

This is good! Didn't you just say there were too many November birthdays?? Happy Baby!

Krista said...

Wow, then we are closer than I thought! Thats cool. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what makes God smile???? Tell him YOUR plans..... I think HE smiled a lot about your plans!!!! Isn´t it crazy how much surprise life can be??? We love you and you are prayed for..take care and a big belly kiss from ana to analise (is there still a belly????)
xx clau

hailey said...

I am pumped, like I mentioned already on Facebook. But I thought I would remind you. That I am pumped. I want to babysit for you. Badly. And p.s. I will post soon! Promise!

Gibbytron said...

CRAP!!!

Stephanie and Brad said...

congratulations nini! so exciting for you guys. now we'll really have to come down to California and see the new baby!

Derek said...

Congrats!!! It was fun briefly seeing you the other day walking by the cement ship.

sarah said...

awesome! That's really neat. Congrats.

Stef said...

Oh my gosh.. how did I miss this post? My feed reader must have freaked out the day you posted it. I'm so happy for you guys!