Thursday, December 6, 2007

:: St. Nikolaus Day ::

In Europe, December 6th is St. Nikolaus Day. On the night of Dec. 5th, people put their shined boots out and if they have been good, St. Nikolaus will fill the boots with treats.

I suppose that Markus has been good this year, and since he is Austrian and Swiss, St. Nikolaus decided to stop by our house last night and fill his boots with some of his favorite treats!

He even put some treats in Analise's shoes! I thought he forgot about me, however when I got home from running errands today, I had a treat in my shoes too (a gift certificate for a pedicure)!
Thanks St. Nikolaus!

6 comments:

faithsalutes said...

Ah, to be European. My husband is 1/2 Indonesian so we will probably convert to Islam, let the Japanese torture us, and eat some dog or something for Christmas...well, I guess we won't have Christmas.

Erin said...

Markus got TWO pairs filled?!! St. Nick really likes him...

Krista said...

Nick's family does that too! In the past I have ended up over there on Dec. 6th, but not this year. So Robin brought the goodies to our house! I think it's a very fun tradition and am sad I spaced out on it this year. Ah well, next year.

Stef said...

This is super cute. I've never heard of this tradition... is it where we get our stockings tradition from?

ilovelemonade! said...

those boots didn't look shinny to me!!!! good think st. nik has grace! i think i will leave my 15 pairs of boots out next year and see what happens=)

Sally said...

How cute are those polka dot shoes?!!