Sunday, May 29, 2011

:: Blue Apple Art II ::

Since last fall, Analise has spent almost every Monday morning learning how to paint at Blue Apple Studio. Her teacher, Cayce Ellison (who also happens to be a friend of mine since our Jr. High School days) is amazing. How she teaches a room full of 4-5 year old kiddos to paint such amazing pieces of art is beyond me. Every Monday, we always look forward to the artwork Analise comes home with. We LOVE what she has learned and the art she has created! Now that summer is upon us, we just finished up our last week at Blue Apple Studios. Needless to say, we will be missing our Monday morning art class.

Analise's latest pieces include everything from cats...to different types of houses...
to a self portrait (Cayce tells me that Analise was adamant about making sure the eyes were green like her own)...

and some of the lovely things that spring brings...
I *love* the colors in this painting...She's even come home with some animals you may come across in a zoo...
We will miss our Mondays at Blue Apple Studio! Thank you Cayce for being an AMAZING teacher and for opening a whole new world to Analise! We love you!

6 comments:

Stef said...

love this!!! I've been getting all excited about getting Rachel signed up for some art classes. She starts Kindergarten {officially} in September and she really badly wants to take an art class. I decided to sign her up for one in the charter school, since I am NOT the person to teach an art class :)
Hope she likes it has much as Analise does! I love her pictures. The lighthouse one is my absolute favorite!

Erin said...

Analise is such an artist. I am always blown away!
My favorite in this lot is the flamingo. Perfect!

briandem said...

SO Amazing...good job Annalise! I love the chicks :-)

Ashley said...

I think my favorite part is looking at how her name comes out in each picture. You will treasure this step in her development one day!!

Bonnie said...

WOWZERS! She is incredibly talented. I have NEVER seen art this good by someone so young. Beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Analise and Kayla would be fast friends! I'm sure of it.

K loves art and takes it very seriously. I bet she would love taking a class like this.

P.S. Analise is so talented! I especially like her self-portrait.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net