Thursday, March 11, 2010

:: Thursday's Recipe Rodeo ::

This is the place to get some new recipes or maybe even a twist on an old one. Feel free to take any recipe here and try it out. If you want to join in on the Recipe Rodeo, let me know! I would love to try some of your recipes too!

Today's Round Up: Brunch

If you are looking for an easy and delicious dish to make for brunch, this is your recipe. I made this for a baby shower this past weekend and was told that I HAD to post it on the recipe rodeo.

Cheese and Chili Egg Casserole

* 10 eggs
* 1 pint cottage cheese (I use low-fat)
* 2 cans mild chilies (I use Trader Joes)
* 1 lb. cheese (1/2 Monterey jack: 1/2 cheddar - or Colby. Save some for the last 10 minutes)
* 1/2 Cup butter, melted
* 1/2 Cup flour
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 x 13 baking pan. In large bowl, whisk eggs. Add cottage cheese, chilies, cheese, butter, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for another 5 - 10 minutes until light browning begins. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Enjoy!If you want to join in on your own blog, simply link back to this blog and mention that you are partaking in Thursday's Recipe Rodeo. If you don't have a blog and want to share a recipe with us - leave it in the comments!
Click here for a printable version of Cheese and Chili Egg Casserole

4 comments:

Erin said...

Nini,
I love brunch! I'll work on a brunchy bloggy post & link it.

Erin said...

http://adamshome.blogspot.com/

I finally did it, Nini!

Check out my blog for cheesy jalapeno mini quiches

congamama2 said...

thanks for this neener! it really IS delish. love ya, robin

jmpiini said...

This dish seriously nearly upstaged the main course! It's deceptively simple but had everyone asking for the recipe. Thanks for letting me steal your ideas :)